Comparison of Mortgage Interest Rates in Ireland
We regularly do a comparison of the mortgage rates on offer to new customers from the major Irish lenders.
Listed below are links to our pages showing the current lowest mortgage rates on offer for you to make comparisons. We compare variable interest rate mortgages as well as a selection of fixed-rate mortgages.
Fixed rates are currently lower than variable-rate mortgages in Ireland .
The current lowest mortgage rate available for first-time buyers who have only a 10% deposit is 2.15% fixed for 4 years at Haven/AIB. (BER B3 or better).
For properties with a BER worse than B3 – the lowest mortgage rate at 90% LTV is from KBC – 2.3% fixed for 2 years.
Using a Mortgage Broker
Sometimes, the large number of different mortgage options available can be overwhelming.
Help is available from Money Sherpa. Their team of experienced and fully qualified mortgage advisors know the mortgage market inside out.
They work with all the major lenders , and you get exactly the same interest rates as you would if you applied directly to the lenders. Best of all they are free to use. (The lenders pay them a commission when you receive your loan.)
(DFP Mortgages Limited trading as Moneysherpa is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.)
Find out more about Money Sherpa and book a free mortgage check here.
Summary of Lowest Mortgage Interest Rates
Updated November 2021
Low-Interest rate mortgages as low as 2% fixed for 25 years are now available for some people from local authorities – more here about these Rebuilding Ireland Mortgages
You might also want to check these interesting figures on Cashback Mortgages
Fixed Rate or Variable – Which is Best ?
The most important thing to remember is with a fixed rate, you have the safety of knowing exactly what your mortgage repayments will be for a certain period of time. You will not be affected by sudden increases (or decreases). With interest rates at their lowest for many years – it is likely that variable rates will increase during the next 5 to 10 years.
Over the past several years it was usually the case that variable mortgage rates were often lower than fixed rates – but right now some of the fixed rate deals are at their cheapest ever and most are lower than variable rates.
Mortgage Cashback :
- Haven will give €5000 cashback on fixed rate mortgages of €250k plus. (excluding 4 year fixed rate green mortgage)
- BOI offer 2% cashback to all new customers and 3% to those who stay with them for 5 years. (no maximum cashback).
- PTSB also offers 2% cashback lump sum for new customers (not on the 4 year fixed rate) and 2% off the monthly repayments back until 2027
- EBS also give 2% cashback to all new mortgage customers – plus another 1% if you stay with them for 5 years.
- Ulster Bank offers €1500 towards legal fees for all new customers.
- KBC will give €3000 to mortgage switchers only and €1500 towards legal fees for all new customers.
- AIB give €2000 cashback for switchers.
If you are looking for a mortgage in Northern Ireland you should visit the Unbiased website where you can get access to Mortgage Advisors in your area.