The Minimum Wage in Ireland in 2021 is €10.20 per hour.
These are the minimum rates of pay in Ireland from January 2021
|Age of Employee||Minimum Hourly Wage|
|Aged 20 or more||€10.20 per hour|
|Aged 19||€9.18 per hour|
|Aged 18||€8.16 per hour|
|Under 18||€7.14 per hour|
Minimum Wage in 2022
The minimum wage is going to be increased again in 2022.
- The 2022 minimum wage for someone aged 20 or more will be €10.50 per hour from January 1st 2022.
- For 19 year olds the minimum hourly wage will be €9.45
- For 18 year old workers the minimum wage rate will be €8.40
- For workers under 18 the rate will be €7.35 in 2022
How Much Does Someone on the Minimum Wage Earn?
Someone aged 20 or more earning the 2021 minimum wage of €10.20 per hour , working full time (39 hours a week) will earn :-before deductions of Income Tax , USC and PRSI .)
- €20,685 in a year.
- This is equivalent to €1723 per month
- or €397.80 a week
The total deductions in a year would be €1671 – made up of
- Income Tax : €837
- PRSI €600
- USC €234
After deductions – the take-home pay for a full-time single worker on the €10.20 minimum wage will be :-
- €19,014 a year
- €1584 a month
- €366 a week.
UK Minimum Wage
In Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK – these are the minimum wage rates in 2021. They are due to rise in April 2022
|Age 23 +||21 to 22||18 to 20||Under 18||Apprentice|
These Were The Minimum Wage Rates in Ireland in 2020
- Aged under 18 : – €7.07 per hour (70%)
- Aged 18 : – €8.08 per hour (80%)
- Aged 19 : – €9.09 per hour (90%)
- Aged 20 or more : – €10.10 per hour
More here about the Minimum Wage in Ireland 2020
If you think your employer is not paying you the minimum wage you should contact the Workplace Relations Commission, O’Brien Road, Carlow.
Tel – (059) 917 8990