Lowest Interest rates on Variable Rate Mortgages in Ireland.
Updated May 28th 2023
Listed below are the lowest variable mortgage rates available in Ireland for new customers. We have sorted the rates by maximum LTV.
You can get help and advice on obtaining a mortgage from mortgage advisors at Money Sherpa . These are a firm of financial advisors based in Ireland who will find you the best mortgage rate from all the main providers. Some mortgage lenders such as Haven , ICS and Avant will only accept applications done through mortgage brokers. As you will see from the comparison below – these lenders have some of the lowest rates.
You can find out more and book a no-obligation phone call with Money Sherpa Here
LTV , or Loan to Value, is the size of your mortgage in relation to the value of the property you want to purchase.
LTV is shown as a percentage. For example, for a mortgage of €300,000 on a property that costs €400,000, the LTV would be 75%.
The Lowest Variable Mortgage Rates will normally be offered on the lowest LTV.
Mortgages up to 90% LTV
- Haven 3.5% Max 90%
- AIB 3.5%
- EBS 3.7% Max 90% LTV
- PTSB 3.9% Max 90% (Initial rate of 3.4% for 12 months)
- BOI 4.5%
Mortgages up to 80% LTV
- Haven 3.3% Max 80% LTV
- AIB 3.3% Max 80%
- EBS 3.5% max 80% LTV
- PTSB 3.85% (0.5% discount for 12 months) Max 80% LTV
- BOI 4.2% (61 to 80%)
- Finance Ireland 5.95%
- ICS 6.2% LTV Max 80%
Mortgages up to 60% LTV
- Haven 3.3%
- AIB 3.3%
- EBS 3.5%
- PTSB 3.7% (3.2% for 12 months)
- BOI 3.9%
- ICS 5.95%
Mortgages with LTV 50% or less
- Haven 3.1% Max 50% LTV
- AIB 3.1% LTV below 50%
- EBS 3.3% Max 50%
- PTSB 3.6% (Discounted to 3.1% for 12 months) Max 50%
- Bank of Ireland 3.9% LTV Max 60%
- ICS 5.95% LTV 70% or lower
New Mortgage Customer Cashback Incentives
- BOI offer up to 3% cashback to all new customers (no maximum )
- Haven offers €5000 cashback on mortgages of €250,000 or more.
- AIB offers €2000 cashback for switchers.
- EBS offers up to 3% cashback to new customers
- PTSB offer 2% cashback for new mortgage customers
Fixed Mortgage Interest Rates
See our page on Historical Mortgage Rates