Broadband Price Comparison
Prices checked September 16th 2020
There are some big savings to be made by switching to a cheaper broadband and phone provider.
For example, a household that switches to the cheapest broadband deal could save €408 in a year if they are currently paying the national yearly average of €708.
We regularly check the prices of broadband and phone packages to help you find the Cheapest Broadband Deals in Ireland.
These are the cheapest
broadband deals in Ireland for new customers.
Broadband and Home Phone Price Comparison
|Broadband Provider||Phone Calls Included||Total Cost |
in First Year
|Maximum Speed||Monthly Data
|One Big Switch |
|Anytime (Landlines)||€300||€45 (€25 for 12 months)||100Mbps||1000Gb|
|Vodafone||Anytime (Landlines)||€360||€55 (30 for 12 months)||100Mbps||1000Gb|
|Eir||Off Peak (Landline)||€409.87||€59.99 (€29.99 for12 months)||100Mbps||Unlimited|
|Sky||Off Peak (Landlines)||€410||€55 (€30 for 12 months)||100Mbps||Unlimited|
|Pure Telecom||Anytime (Landlines)||€420||€50 (€35 for 12 months)||100Mbps||1000Gb|
|Sky||Anytime (Landlines and some Intenational)||€500||€62.50 (€37.50 for 6 months)||100Mbps||Unlimited|
|Virgin||Anytime to Irish landlines and mobiles.||€600||€62 (reduced to €38 for first 6 months)||250 Mbps||Unlimited|
Prices Checked Sept 16th 2020
1. One Big Switch has negotiated a deal for its members with Pure Telecom. The cost comes to €300 in the first 12 months. It is unlimited broadband with any time calls to landlines in Ireland. The contract is for 18 months – with the price increasing from just €25 a month to €45 after 12 months. Even after the 1 year discount – this is the lowest priced phone and broadband bundle. More details on how to sign up at OneBig Switch
2. Vodafone has a broadband and phone bundle priced at €360 for the first
3 Eir – has a phone and broadband bundle that costs €409.87 in year one. This bundle includes only free off-peak calls to Irish landlines.
The normal price of €59.99 a month is reduced to €29.99 a month for the first 12 months. Additional bonuses include Eir Sport and 1 year of Amazon Prime Video. If you sign up through Switcher – you will get €50 credit on your account. You can see more details of this bundle and compare it to others from Eir HERE on Switcher
4. Sky have a broadband and phone bundle (TV subscription not required) – with speeds of up to 100mb. It comes with unlimited downloads and free off-peak calls to Irish landlines and several international destinations. It costs €55 a month with the first 12 months at €30 per month. This works out at €410 in year one including equipment charges).
5. Pure Telecom has a deal with anytime landline calls, unlimited broadband with speeds of up to 100Mbs. It costs €420 in year one. The price is €35 a month for the first 12 months rising to €50 a month.
7. Sky have a broadband and phone bundle (TV subscription not required) – with speeds of up to 100mb. It includes unlimited downloads aa well as free anytime calls to landlines in Ireland and several international destinations. Costing €62.50 a month with the first 12 months at €37.50 per month. This works out at €500 in year one including equipment charges.
8. Virgin Media (only available in larger cities and towns ) have a broadband and phone bundle with up to 250Mb speeds and anytime calls to Irish landlines and Irish mobiles. It is priced at €62 a month, reduced to €38 per month for the first 6 months
In all the above examples – the actual speeds available will depend on your location.
You can check the best current broadband prices and availability in your area on the very useful Switcher.ie site
Another way to possibly find good deals is to sign up with One Big Switch . They negotiate bulk deals with broadband providers every few months.
Finally , we encourage you to always check back here before you switch to ensure you get the cheapest deal available.
*A 2018 survey of fixed broadband usage in Ireland by
In the same survey, Comreg also found that over 26% of households were spending more than €71 a month on
Broadband providers sometimes have fair usage caps on broadband data – More on those here.
If you are not bothered about having a landline – take a look at our page on the Best Prices for Broadband Only Deals