Members of Amazon Prime in Ireland get FREE priority (2 day) delivery to Ireland on all orders of Prime eligible items.
Normally, 2 day delivery to Ireland would cost £7.49 on Amazon.
Amazon Prime members also get free next day delivery to the UK – which is brilliant if you have friends or family in the UK to buy gifts for.
Amazon Prime members in Ireland also get access to Prime Video . (Full details of what is included in Amazon Prime are given below.)
Click Here to Get your free 30 Day Trial of Amazon Prime
Brexit and Amazon UK Prices
Shopping on Amazon UK does not mean any extra VAT after Brexit.
There may be duty charges to pay on some items but only when your order is over €150 and the items are not of UK origin.
Read more about Shopping on Amazon UK in Ireland after Brexit
Students in Ireland can get a 6 Month free trial of Amazon Prime.
Third Level students in Ireland and the UK can get a 6 month FREE trial of Amazon Prime.
You can sign up here on the Amazon Prime Student Sign up page .
If you have a student in the household you should get them to take advantage of this offer.
What’s included in Amazon Prime in Ireland?
- As mentioned above – you get FREE priority delivery to all addresses in Ireland on millions of Prime eligible items.
Not all items sold on Amazon are eligible for Prime – but there are thousands that are.
- If items are not eligible for Priority Delivery, they’ll be delivered to Ireland via Standard (3-4 days) or Economy (3-5 days) delivery for free to Prime members.
- Amazon Prime Video . This is not as extensive for Irish members as the UK version. But there are some very good Amazon original TV and Films to watch. When we checked there were about 3500 films available and almost 400 TV series.
- Free Kindle Books. Amazon Prime members in Ireland can borrow 1 book a month from thousands of ebook titles from the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library. (Not on Student Prime Trial)
- Prime Reading offers unlimited reading from over a thousand books, magazines, Kindle Singles and more.
- Amazon Photo Storage: You also get free secure, unlimited photo storage.
- Of course, Irish residents with Amazon Prime also get free next day delivery to all UK addresses.
- Amazon Prime members also get access to special offers on certain days of the year that are not available to anyone else.
How Much Is Amazon Prime in Ireland ?
The normal price of Amazon Prime is £7.99 GBP per month.
Or it’s £79.99 GBP per year if you pay in one lump sum (that works out at £6.66 a month) . It’s the same price in Ireland as in the UK.
The best way to find out if Amazon Prime is any good for you – is to sign up for the free 30 day trial . If you don’t think it’s worth £7.99 a month you can just turn off the auto-renewal before the 30-day trial runs out.
Amazon’s option of Free delivery to Ireland on orders over £20 is still available in 2021 for non-Prime members – but this can take 4 to 6 days and sometimes more.
Warning – VAT is charged on the “free” delivery price for non Prime members – even if you order more than £20 and get free delivery – NON PRIME members will still end up paying £1.26 in VAT on the £6 delivery charge . (They deduct the £6 at checkout as a “promotion”,)
Amazon Music Unlimited
Sadly – the inclusive free “Amazon Prime Music” is not available in Ireland for Amazon Prime members. But the Amazon Music Unlimited option is available in Ireland. It offers 50 million songs including loads of new releases from popular artists and some exclusive releases.
Amazon Music Unlimited costs £9.99/month . It works on Amazon Echo devices, Kindle Fire, smartphones, tablets and desktop computers. You can get “family” access for 6 people for £14.99 a month.
Songs can be downloaded to play offline. You can create and amend your own playlists or choose from hundreds of others already set up.
Amazon Prime members in Ireland do not get a price reduction on Amazon Music Unlimited. (In the UK Prime members get £2 off a month)
Irish residents can get a 30 day Free Trial of Amazon Music Unlimited Here
(The banners might say it’s longer – but that is for UK Customers)
See more information here on Why you should not use Amazon’s Currency Converter