There are always some adjustments to the payment dates of Social Welfare and State Pensions around Christmas because of the closure of banks and post offices.
These are the dates of the December double payment week and the Social Welfare Christmas Payment Dates 2022.
Social Welfare Payment Arrangements December 2022
- Banks will close as normal on Friday 23rd December 2022 and will not reopen until Thursday 29th December 2022.
- Post Offices will close at 1pm on Saturday 24th December and will not reopen until Thursday 29th December 2022.
- Post Offices and Banks will also be closed on Monday 2nd January 2023.
- There will be no mail delivery or collection from December 24th to Dec 28th 2022.
The Christmas Bonus was paid in the week commencing December 5th 2022 – see more about the Christmas Bonus Here.
Double Payment Week :
The dates given below have been confirmed by Social Welfare
- All welfare and state pension recipients that are paid weekly will receive their normal payment(s) and an advance payment during the week beginning Monday 19th December 2022.
- The advance payment will be in place of the payment due in the week beginning Monday 26th December 2022 and therefore there will be no regular weekly payments in that week.
- So any payments due between 26th and 30th December will be made in the previous week along with your normal payment for that week.
Changes to Payment Dates for Christmas 2022
The dates given below have all been confirmed by Social Welfare
These are the other changes to welfare and state pension payment dates for Christmas 2022.
Weekly Payments to Post Offices and Banks
|Due Date||Actual Payment Date|
|Wednesday 21st December||Wednesday 21st December|
|Thursday 22nd December||Wednesday 21st December|
|Friday 23rd December||Thursday 22nd December|
|Monday, Jan 2nd 2023||Friday 30th December|
Casual Jobseeker claimants are advised to return dockets for the week-ending 29th/30th December to their local office by 16th December to ensure continuous payment over the Christmas period.
Monthly Payments to Banks and Post Offices
Welfare Benefits and Pension paid Calendar Monthly, are expected to be changed as follows..
|Due Date||Pay Date|
|Thursday 22nd December||Thursday 22nd December|
|Monday 26th December||Thursday 22nd December|
|Tuesday 27th December||Thursday 22nd December|
|Wednesday 28th December||Friday 23rd December|
|Thursday 29th December||Friday 23rd December|
Children’s Allowance / Child Benefit
The monthly Children’s allowance is due on Tuesday, January 3rd 2023. However – since Monday 2nd Jan is a Bank Holiday it is very likely that it will be paid early. You might see it in bank accounts on Friday 30th December 2022.
More on Child Benefit Payment Dates