Credit Cards in Ireland with introductory interest-free offers or low interest for new customers : Updated February 2018 .
Some of the credit card providers in Ireland often have introductory offers for new customers which usually involve a few months of interest free credit. These offers can be useful if you have a large balance on an existing credit card and the provider is offering zero interest on balance transfers.
- Chill Money are offering 9 months interest free on balance transfers. More here
- Bank of Ireland offer an interest free credit period of 7 months on balance transfers – OR 0% for 6 months on purchases. Apply Here
- Avant Card is giving 6 month at 0% on purchases PLUS 0% for 3 months on transfers and 0% for 9 months on Money transferred from the card to your current account.
- PTSB are offering 0% interest on balance transfers for 6 months plus 0% on purchases for 3 months.
- KBC’s credit card is interest free for 6 months just on balance transfers.
- Ulster Bank’s Gold Mastercard Card offers 0% interest for 6 months on purchases and 3.9% for 12 months on balance transfers.
- AIB’s best offer is a rate of 3.83% on both balance transfers and purchases – for 12 months
Remember that any lower introductory rate on balance transfers only applies to your pre-existing balance amount, you will usually pay the regular rate (which will be higher) on any additional purchases on the new card. You will also still be expected to pay a minimum payment each month .
Tip : If you are switching all your debt from one credit card to another – don’t forget to write to your old credit card company asking them to close your account and cancel your card. If you’ve already paid stamp duty in the current tax year, then they will send you confirmation that your account is now closed. Send this to your new credit card provider so you are not charged stamp duty twice in the same year.