Ryanair Baggage Allowances 2022
Free Bags on Ryanair
- Customers who pay for priority boarding (costing €/£8 to €/£32) are allowed to bring two free “carry-on” bags into the cabin.
- One 10kg bag no bigger than 55cm x 40cm x 20cm AND
- one smaller “hand” bag sized to 40cm x 20cm x 25cm.)
- Non-priority customers are only allowed to bring one free, small handbag size bag on to the aircraft measuring 40cm x 20cm x 25cm or less – which must go under the seat in front of you.
- No bags can be put in the hold for FREE any more on Ryanair flights.
(Aer Lingus allow a 10kg bag for free in the hold)
- Oversized cabin baggage will be refused at the boarding gate, or where available, placed in the hold of the aircraft for a fee of €/£ 69.99 (fee subject to VAT)
Ryanair Checked Baggage Charge 2022 :
In 2022 Ryanair’s checked baggage allowance is still up to 3 bags per person, weighing up to 20kg each .
If you exceed the weight limit – the excess fee is £/€11 per kg
20kg Checked Luggage Fee
The Ryanair website says that charges for a 20kg checked bag range from £/€20.99 to €/£39.99 at the time of booking ,per leg of a journey. So that is £/€42 to £/€80 per return journey
The busier the flight is and the more popular the route – will mean higher baggage fees.
Passengers who have not added a bag to their booking can still purchase a 20kg Check-in bag at the airport bag drop desk for €/£ 69.99.
10kg Checked Luggage Fee
A checked bag weighing up to 10Kg will cost you between €/£12.99 and £/€23.99 each way at the time of booking.
Non-priority customers who have not added a bag to their booking can still purchase a 10kg Check-in bag at the airport bag drop desk for a maximum of €/£ 35.99.
Non-priority customers who bring their 10kg Check-in bag to the boarding gate may check it in for payment of a fee of €/£ 45.99.
Oversized Baggage Fees on Ryanair
Bikes are charged €/£60 per flight – (120 for a return journey) Max 30kg
Skis are charged €/£45 per flight (90 for a return journey) Max 20kg
Golf clubs are charged £/€30 per flight (60 for a return journey) Max 20kg
Alternative baggage transport
A useful luggage delivery service is provided by Send My Bag . They will collect your bags from your house and deliver them to your destination overseas. (Door to Door) . This does mean you will have to send the bags a few days before you travel – but the prices are reasonable and it means you can travel light! It could also mean cheaper and easier transfers to your destination.
It’s a very good idea for long-distance ferry and train travellers – you will have no heavy bags to lug around. It can also sometimes work out cheaper and less hassle on flights for larger items such as bikes, ski equipment or golfing gear.
Check out the prices for various destinations on the SendMyBag Website