Ryanair Baggage Fees 2023
Cabin Bags on Ryanair
- Customers who pay for priority boarding (costing €/£6 to €/£30) are allowed to bring two “carry-on” bags into the cabin.
- One 10kg bag no bigger than 55cm x 40cm x 20cm AND
- one smaller “hand” bag sized to 40cm x 20cm x 25cm.)
- Non-priority customers are only allowed to bring one free, small handbag size bag onto the aircraft measuring 40cm x 20cm x 25cm or less – which must go under the seat in front of you.
- No bags can be put in the hold for FREE anymore on Ryanair flights.
(Aer Lingus still allow a 10kg bag for free in the hold)
- Oversized cabin baggage will be refused at the boarding gate, or where available, placed in the hold of the aircraft for a fee of €/£ 69.99 (fee subject to VAT)
Ryanair Baggage Allowances and Sizes
In 2023 Ryanair’s checked baggage allowance is still up to 3 bags per person, weighing up to 20kg each .
If you exceed the weight limit – the excess fee is £/€11 per kg
Ryanair Checked Baggage Charges 2023 :
20kg Checked Luggage Fee
The Ryanair website says that charges for a 20kg checked bag range from £/€17.99 to €/£50.99 at the time of booking ,per leg of a journey. So that is £/€35.98 to £/€101.98 per return journey
The busier the flight is and the more popular the route – will mean higher baggage fees.
We checked a flight from Shannon to Lanzarote on a Saturday in July – the fee for a 20kg suitcase was €50.99 per leg – so €101.98 for the return journey.
On an October mid-week flight from Shannon to Edinburgh – the charge for a 20kg bag was €22.49 per flight – ( €44.98 for the full trip) .
Passengers who have not added a bag to their booking can still purchase a 20kg Check-in bag at the airport bag drop desk for €/£ 69.99.
10kg Ryanair Checked Luggage Fee
A checked bag weighing up to 10Kg will cost you between €/£12 and £/€25 each way at the time of booking.
Non-priority customers who have not added a bag to their booking can still purchase a 10kg Check-in bag at the airport bag drop desk for €/£ 35.99.
Non-priority customers who bring their 10kg Check-in bag to the boarding gate will be charged a fee of €/£ 45.99.
Ryanair allows you to carry 2 items of baby equipment free of charge per child.There is no cabin bag allowance for an infant (aged up to 23 months). However, they allow a baby bag up to 5kg (dimensions: 45x35x20cms) for babies travelling on an adult’s lap.
Oversized Baggage Fees on Ryanair
Bikes are charged €/£60 per flight – (120 for a return journey) Max 30kg
Skis are charged €/£45 per flight (90 for a return journey) Max 20kg
Golf clubs are charged £/€30 per flight (60 for a return journey) Max 20kg
Prices checked May 2023
Card Fees When Spending Overseas