There are always some adjustments to the payment dates of Social Welfare and State Pension around Christmas because of the closure of banks and post offices.
These are the dates of the double payment week and the Social Welfare Christmas Payment Dates 2021.
- Post Offices and Banks will close at lunchtime on Friday 24th December and will not reopen until Thursday 30th December 2021.
- Post Offices and Banks will also be closed on Monday 3rd January 2022.
- There will be no mail delivery or collection from December 25th to Dec 28th 2021.
The Christmas Bonus was paid in the week commencing December 6th 2021 – see more about the Christmas Bonus Here.
Social Welfare Payment Arrangements Christmas 2021
Double Payment Week :
The dates given below have been confirmed by Social Welfare -(Updated Dec 5th)
- All welfare and state pension recipients that are paid weekly will receive their normal payment(s) and an advance payment during the week beginning Monday 20th December 2021.
- The advance payment will be in place of the payment due in the week beginning Monday 27th December 2021 and therefore there will be no regular weekly payments in that week.
- So any payments due between 27th and 31st December will be made in the previous week along with your normal payment for that week.
Changes to Payment Dates for Christmas 2021
The dates given below have been confirmed by Social Welfare
These are the changes to welfare and state pension payment dates for Christmas 2021.
Weekly Payments to Post Offices and Banks
|Due Date||Actual Payment Date|
|Wednesday 22nd December||Wednesday 22nd December|
|Thursday 23rd December||Wednesday 22nd December|
|Friday 24th December||Thursday 23rd December|
|Monday, Jan 3rd 2022||Friday 31st December|
Casual Jobseeker claimants are advised to return dockets for the week-ending 28th/29th December to their local office by 17th December to ensure continuous payment over the Christmas period.
Monthly Payments to Banks and Post Offices
Welfare Benefits and Pension paid Calendar Monthly, will be changed as follows..
|Due Date||Pay Date|
|Thursday 23rd December||Thursday 23rd December|
|Monday 27th December||Thursday 23rd December|
|Tuesday 28th December||Thursday 23rd December|
|Wednesday 29th December||Friday 24th December|
|Thursday 30th December||Friday 24th December|
Covid -19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment (PUP): PUP due on Tuesday 21 December will be paid on this day. This will include an advanced payment for 28th December. The next payment will be Jan 4th
Childrens Allowance / Child Benefit
The monthly Children’s allowance is due on Tuesday, January 4th 2022. However – since Monday 3rd Jan is a Bank Holiday it is very likely that it will be paid early. You might see it in bank accounts on Friday 31st December 2021.
More on Child Benefit Payment Dates