BUX Zero is a stock trading app that was launched in Ireland this summer. It allows users to buy shares and ETFs commission-free.
Through the Bux Zero trading app , Irish residents can access over 2,000 US and European stocks and a small amount of European ETFs (about 40). No UK stocks are currently available.
With over 500,000 users already in Europe, BUX Zero could fill a market gap and end up being the Robinhood of Europe. (Robinhood is a popular share trading app in the USA but it is not accessible in most European countries including Ireland.)
The BUX Zero trading platform is run by BUX which is a European mobile brokerage company, based in Amsterdam and London.
BUX Zero is regulated by the AFM, The Dutch Authority for the Financial Markets.
Customer’s money and shares are stored at ABN AMRO Clearing Bank. All client funds held at ABN AMRO Clearing Bank are protected by the Dutch Bank Guarantee scheme up to €100,000.
Deposits and withdrawals on BUX Zero from Irish customers can be made by SEPA bank transfer. There are no deposit or withdrawal fees.
At BUX Zero, the maximum amount you can invest in a single order is €25,000. You can of course put in as many orders as you’d like.
New Customers Get a Free Share
BUX Zero is currently offering a Free Share bonus to new customers. (No purchase needed)
BUX will select this Free Share bonus from companies that are available in the BUX App and have a share price between approximately €1 and €200.
You can sign up to BUX Zero here.
Pricing at BUX Zero
All trades of US shares on BUX Zero are commission FREE – but there is a 0.25% foreign exchange fee. This can be costly on very large transactions – but for smaller , regular investors it will not amount to much and will often be less than the fees at other brokers. For example – buying $200 USD worth of shares on BUX Zero would cost $0.50 in exchange fees. On Degiro – making the same purchase would cost you €0.50 (about $0.58) – plus Degiro will charge an annual €2.50 fee for using the New York Stock Exchange. Bux has no similar usage fees.
EU Shares / ETfs
The commission at Bux Zero on EU “market” trades is €1 each. (Stocks and ETFs) .These “market” orders are executed straight away – at the price shown.
However , customers can opt for a ” Zero Order” trade on all EU stocks and ETFs- which will be commission-free.
Zero Orders will be executed at the end of the trading day, between 4 and 5 pm (Central European Time).
Orders placed after 4 pm (CET) will be executed on the following day.
The price at which a “Zero order” is executed will depend on the share/ETF price at that time, so there is a chance you will pay slightly more or slightly less than the price you will have seen when placing the order.
if the price differential at the trade exceeds 5% for sell orders or 4% for buy orders, the zero-order is cancelled.
Sample fees at Bux Zero
- One trade a month of 10 US shares for 12 months (price equivalent to €100 each). (Total purchase price of €12000). Sell all the shares after 1 year for €15000.
- The only “cost” will be the 0.25% exchange fee on the €27000 – which will be €67.50.
- See our comparison to find out what other online brokers would charge .
- Buy €1000 worth of Euro ETFs each month for 5 years then sell for €90,000
- The fees on BUX Zero for “market” trades would be €1 per trade – so for the 61 trades (buying and selling) that would be a total of €61.
- This is cheaper than all the other online brokers in our comparison – including DEGIRO .
- However – if you were to use their “Zero Order” option – the commission would be ZERO.
Always remember that Investing involves risks. You can lose your deposit.
There is no Demo account available on BUX Zero – but there are no minimum trade amounts or minimum deposits , so you can try it out with small trades, to begin with.
Fractional Shares are not available with Bux Zero – if you want those maybe you should try Etoro .
Some of the ETFs Available at BUX Zero (Checked Sept 2021)
- All World Emerging Markets ETF Dist (iShares) IE00B0M63177
- All World Index ETF Acc (Lyxor) LU1781541179
- All World Socially Responsible ETF ACC (Lyxor) LU1792117779
- All-World Emerging Markets ETF Dist (iShares) IE00B0M63177
- Automation & Robotics ETF (Acc) (iShares) IE00BYZK4552
- Brazilian Stocks ETF (iShares) – IE00B0M63516
- Canadian Stocks ETF (Xtrackers) LU0476289540
- Chinese Stocks ETF (Acc) (Lyxor) FR0011720911
- Commodities ETF (Lyxor) – LU1829218749
- Cybersecurity and Data Privacy UCITS ETF (Rize) IE00BJXRZJ40
- Dow Jones 30 Index ETF Dist (Lyxor) FR0007056841
- Education Tech and Digital Learning UCITS ETF (Rize) IE00BLRPQJ54
- Emerging Markets Eastern Europe ETF (iShares) IE00B0M63953
- ESG Leaders MSCI Extra USA UCITS ACC ETF (Lyxor) LU1792117696
- ESG Trend Leaders MSCI EMU ETF (Lyxor) LU1792117340
- EU Banking Sector ETF (iShares) DE000A0F5UJ7
- EU Dividend ETF (iShares) IE00B0M62S72
- EU Telecom Sector ETF (iShares) DE000A0H08R2
- EU Top 50 Index ETF (iShares) DE0005933956
- EU Top 600 Index ETF Dist (iShares) DE0002635307
- EUR Corporate Bonds ETF (Lyxor) LU1829219127
- EUR Government Bonds ETF (VanEck) NL0009690254
- Europe 600 Basic Resources ETF (iShares) DE000A0F5UK5
- Europe 600 Personal & Household Goods ETF (Lyxor) LU1834988351
- Europe Dividend ETF (SPDR) IE00B5M1WJ87
- Europe Financials MSCI UCITS ETF (SPDR) IE00BKWQ0G16
- Europe Socially Responsible ETF (Acc) (Lyxor) LU1940199711
- Europe Stoxx 50 Index ETF Dist (iShares) IE0008471009
- European Equal Weight UCITS ETF (VanEck) NL0010731816
- European Real Estate Dividend ETF (iShares) IE00B0M63284
- Eurozone bonds ETF (Lyxor) LU1287023342
- France CAC 40 Index ETF (Lyxor) FR0007052782
- Germany DAX 30 Index ETF (iShares ) DE0005933931
- Global Real Estate ETF (VanEck) NL0009690239
- Healthcare Innovation ETF (iShares) IE00BYZK4776 ISHARES FTSE MIB UCITS ETF EUR (DIST) IE00B1XNH568
- Japan Socially Responsible ETF (UBS) LU1230561679
- Japanese stocks ETF (Lyxor) LU1781541252
- L&G Cyber Security ETF IE00BYPLS672
- Multi-Asset Balanced ETF (VanEck) NL0009272772
- Nasdaq 100 index ETF (Acc) (iShares) IE00B53SZB19
- New Energy ETF (Lyxor) FR0010524777
- Nikkei 225 index ETF (Dist) (Xtrackers) LU0839027447
- North America Equal Weight UCITS ETF (VanEck) NL0011376074
- Sustainable Future of Food UCITS ETF (Rize) IE00BLRPQH31
- UBS Asia Pacific Socially Responsible ETF LU0629460832
- UBS USA Socially Responsible ETF LU0629460089
- UK FTSE 100 Index ETF Dist (Xtrackers) LU0292097234
- US Bonds (1-3Y) ETF (Lyxor) LU1407887162
- US Government Bonds 3-7Y ETF (Lyxor) LU1407888996
- US Small Cap 2000 Index ETF (L&G) (Acc) IE00B3CNHJ55
- USD Inflation-Linked Bonds ETF (Lyxor) LU1452600270
- Vanguard All World Dividend (Dist) ETF IE00B8GKDB10
- Vanguard All World FTSE ETF (Dist) IE00B3RBWM25
- Vanguard S&P 500 Index ETF (Dist) IE00B3XXRP09
- Vanguard Asia Pacific (excl Japan) Stocks ETF (Dist) IE00B9F5YL18