Updated December 4th 2023
A Regular Saver Account is the perfect way to get into the habit of saving regularly. If you’re saving for a holiday, special event, or just a rainy day, then Regular Savings Accounts are ideal and they usually offer higher interest rates than most normal deposit accounts.
Check the rates on fixed-term accounts and Instant access accounts which could be higher.
For example Trade Republic is a Berlin-based digital investment platform that pays interest on up to €50,000 cash you hold with them. At the moment (December 2023) the interest rate is 4%.
Regular Savings Accounts in Ireland – The Best Rates Available.
- AIB Online Saver 3% :- Min 10 euros per month, max 1000 euros per month. (Max €12000).
- EBS Family Savings 3% Max €1000 per month . (First 12 months only)
- BOI Supersaver Account – 3%. Min €5 Max €2500 per month. (First 12 months only)
- PTSB Online Regular Saver 2.5% max €1000 per month (Interest of 0.01% if balance goes over €50,000 )
- State savings Instalment Savings 0.98% . Tax-Free (equivalent to 1.46% on a taxed account).
(Min €25 max €1000 per month). BUT – you must keep the account for 6 years otherwise rate is just 0.05%.
With interest rates still pretty low – more people are investing some of their savings into shares. If you are thinking of investing in shares – take a look at our page about Investing in Stocks in Ireland
Switching your Mortgage is a good way to cut your outgoings and potentially save thousands of euros.
Find out more about how much you could save by switching your mortgage in Ireland.