In the first week of December 2019 the Christmas Bonus will be paid to pensioners and long term welfare claimants.
Two weeks later there will then be a double payment for all weekly paid customers – as explained below.
All of the Department of Social Protection’s offices will be closed on Wednesday 25th December and Thursday 26th December 2019 and Wednesday 1st January 2020.
All the Banks in Ireland will be closed on Wednesday 25th December 2019 and will not re-open until Monday 30th December 2019 .
(If your branch normally opens on a Saturday they may open on Dec 28th).
Banks will also be closed on 1st January 2020
Post Offices will close at 1pm on Dec 24th and will not reopen until Friday 27th December 2019 . Post Offices will also be closed on 1st January 2020.
There will be no mail delivery or collection on December 25th ,26th or 27th 2018.
Social Welfare Payment Arrangements for Christmas 2019. (Double Week)
- 1. Payments for People who are paid weekly and collect their payments at Post Offices.
- All people who are paid weekly and collect their payments at Post Offices or are paid by cheque – will get a double payment in the week commencing December 16th. This will be their normal weekly payment PLUS an advance/”double” payment for the following week.
- There will be no “regular” weekly payments during the week beginning Monday 23rd December 2019 .
- Any weekly payments due for collection on Wednesday 1st January 2020 will be available for collection on Tuesday 31st December 2019.
- 2. Benefits Paid Monthly for Collection at Post Offices
- Payments due for collection on 25th or 26th December will be available on 23rd December
- Payments due for collection on 27th Dec will be available on 24th Dec
- Payments due 1st Jan 2020 will be available on 31st Dec 2019
- Child Benefit payments due for collection on Tuesday 7th will be unaffected.
- 3 . Payments for People who get Weekly Payments Direct to Bank Accounts.
- During the week commencing 16th Dec 2019 – all people who are paid weekly into bank accounts – will receive their normal payment plus an advance payment for the following week. Payments will be made on the usual day.
- There will be no weekly payments in the week commencing 23rd December 2019
- Payments due on Monday 30 December 2019 will be paid on Monday 23rd December 2019.
- Payments due on Tuesday 31st December 2019 will be paid on Monday 30th December 2019.
- Payments due on Wednesday 1 January 2020 will be paid on Tuesday 31st December 2019
- Normal payment arrangements will resume from Thursday 2nd January 2020.
4. People who get Monthly Payments into Banks :
- Monthly Payments due in accounts on 25th or 26th December will be there on 23rd December
- Monthly Payments due in accounts on 27th Dec will be there on 24th Dec.
- Monthly Payments due in accounts on 1st Jan 2020 will be there on 31st Dec 2019
6. Casual Jobseekers
If you claim Jobseeker’s Allowance or Benefit on a casual basis, you will need to return your dockets for the signing weeks ending 9/10 December, 17/18 December, and 24/25 December to your local Intreo Centre or Branch Office on or before 11 December 2019.
Where dockets are provided by this date, two payments covering the signing weeks ending 17 and 24 December or 18 and 25 December will be paid into accounts on Friday, 20th December.
Normal payment arrangements for casual job seekers will resume from Tuesday, 7th January 2020
Fuel Allowance – . If you have opted for 2 lump sums – the second lump sum will be paid in the second week of January 2020.