Social Welfare and Pensions Payment Arrangements for Christmas 2018
Note: If you are looking for information about the 2018 Christmas Bonus for Pensioners and Welfare recipients you need to look at this link here : 2018 Christmas Bonus
All of the Department of Social Protection’s offices will be closed on Tuesday 25th December, Wednesday 26th December 2018 and Tuesday 1st January 2019.
All the Banks in Ireland will close on Monday 24th December 2018 and will not re-open until Friday 28th December 2018 .
Post Offices will close at 1pm on Dec 24th and will not reopen until Friday 28th December.
Post Offices and Banks will also be closed on 1st January 2019
There will be no mail delivery or collection on December 25th ,26th or 27th 2018.
Social Welfare Payment Arrangements for Christmas 2018
- 1. Payments for People who are paid weekly and collect their payments at Post Offices. Week commencing 17th December 2018 ..
- All people who are paid weekly and collect their payments at Post Offices or are paid by cheque – will receive their normal payment plus an advance/double payment for the following week.
- This double payment will be made in the week beginning Monday 17th December 2018 along with your usual payment for that week on your usual payment day.
- There will be no “regular” weekly payments during the week beginning Monday 24th December 2018 .
- Any payments due for Tuesday 1st January 2019 may be collected from Friday 28th December 2018.
- 2. Supplementary Welfare Allowance Paid Monthly for Collection at Post Office
- Payments due for collection week commencing the 24 December 2018 may be collected on your normal collection day during the week beginning the 17th December 2018
- Child Benefit
Payments due for collection on Tuesday 1 January 2019 may be collected on 31st December 2018.
- 3 . Payments for People who get Weekly Payments Direct to Bank Accounts.
- Most people ( see below for exceptions) who get paid weekly direct to bank accounts will receive their normal payment and an advance payment during the week beginning Monday 17th December, 2018. (A double payment )
- No payments will be made in the week beginning Monday 24th December 2018. The next payment will be in the week beginning Dec 31st 2018.
The following exceptions apply... Maternity Benefit , Paternity Benefit and Health & Safety Benefit will not get a double week.
- Payments due on Tue 1st January 2019 will be credited to accounts on Mon 31st December 2018.
- See item (7) below for information about casual Jobseeker claimants.
4. People who get Monthly Payments into Banks :
Monthly payments due in the week commencing the 24 December 2018 are expected to be paid on your normal payment day but one week earlier (i.e.during the week beginning the 17th December 2018).
5. Foreign payments into banks that are due during the week beginning 24th December 2018 will be paid instead during the week beginning 17th December 2018.
6. Child Benefit will be in bank accounts by Tuesday Jan 1st 2019 . (It may be there early in some cases on 29th or 31st Dec)
7. Casual Jobseekers
If you claim Jobseeker’s Allowance or Benefit on a casual basis, you will need to return your dockets for the signing weeks ending 10/11 December, 18/19 December, and 25/26 December to your local Intreo Centre or Branch Office on or before 10 December 2018.
Where dockets are provided by this date, two payments covering the signing weeks ending 18 and 25 December or 19 and 26 December will be paid into accounts on Friday, 21 December.
Normal payment arrangements will resume from Tuesday, 8 January 2019.
Note: All these dates have yet to be confirmed by the Department – but based on previous years , we fully expect these dates to be correct.
If you are looking for information about the 2018 Christmas Bonus for Pensioners and Welfare recipients see here : 2018 Christmas Bonus