Broadband Price Comparison
Prices checked December 3rd 2019
There are substantial savings to be made by switching to a cheaper broadband and phone provider.
Someone paying the average price of €708 * a year could save as much as €318 in 12 months by switching their broadband and landline to the cheapest broadband deal.
The 26% of people in Ireland who are paying at least €852 a year could save €462 in 12 months by switching to the best deal.
*A 2018 survey of fixed broadband usage in Ireland by
Comreg also found that over 26% of households were spending more than €71 a month on
We have compared the prices of some broadband and phone packages to help you find the providers with the Cheapest Broadband Deals in Ireland.
These are the cheapest
fixed-line broadband and phone bundles in Ireland for new customers.
Prices Checked December 3rd 2019
1 One Big Switch has an exclusive deal with Pure Telecom that gets you a broadband and phone bundle at €20 per month for the first 6 months then €45 a month. That works out at €390 over the first year.
Pure Telecom uses the Eircom fibre network – so the availability and connection quality etc. should be the same as Eir . Anytime landline calls are included. Speeds of up to 100Mbs depending on line and location. 18 month contract. More details at One Big Switch
2. Vodafone has a broadband and phone bundle priced at €420 for the first
3. Vodafone has another broadband and phone bundle priced at €480 for the first year. With unlimited downloads ( 1 Tb fair usage cap) and unlimited anytime calls to Irish landlines and mobiles. Vodafone’s bundle costs €55 a month (reduced to €25 per month for first 6 months). More details can be found on this Vodafone bundle at Switcher.ie
4. Sky have a broadband and phone bundle (TV subscription not required) – with speeds of up to 100mb, unlimited downloads and free off peak calls to Irish landlines and several international destinations. It costs €55 a month with the first 12 months at €40 per month (works out at €530 in year one including equipment charges).
5. Sky have a broadband and phone bundle (TV subscription not required) – with speeds of up to 100mb, unlimited downloads and free anytime calls to Irish landlines and several international destinations. It costs €62.50 a month with the first 12 months at €47.50 per month (works out at €620 in year one including equipment charges).
6. Virgin Media (only available in larger cities and towns ) have a broadband and phone bundle with
7. Eir – have a phone and broadband bundle working out at €719.76 in year one. The home broadband bundle comes with unlimited downloads (Fair usage cap of 1000Gb ) and free anytime calls to Irish and UK landlines and mobiles as well as all calls to landlines and mobiles in several countries including USA, Australia, New Zealand and more.
The price is €59.98 a month. This Eir bundle also includes Eir Sport and Virgin Media Sport
You can see more details of this bundle and compare it to others from Eir HERE on Switcher
Broadband Price Comparison Summary
Broadband and Home Phone Price Comparison
|Broadband Provider||Phone Calls Included||Total Cost |
in First Year
|Maximum Speed||Monthly Data
|Pure Telecom via One Big Switch||Anytime (Landlines)||€390||€45 (20 for 6 months)||100Mbps||1000Gb|
|Vodafone||Anytime (Landlines)||€420||€45 (25 for 6 months)||100Mbps||1000Gb|
|Vodafone||Anytime to Landlines and Mobiles||€480||€55 (25 for 6months)||100Mbps||1000Gb|
|Sky||Off Peak (Landlines)||€530||€55 (€40 for 12 months)||100Mbps||Unlimited|
|Sky||Anytime (Landlines and some Intenational)||€620||€62.50 (€47.50 for 12months)||100Mbps||Unlimited|
|Virgin||Anytime to Irish landlines and Irmobiles, plus 400 minutes to 22 countries abroad .||€684||€62 (reduced to €47 for first 6 months)||250 Mbps||Unlimited|
|Eir||Anytime (Landline & Mobiles Ireland+ UK + some International)||€719.76||€59.98||100Mbps||1000Gb|
You can check current broadband prices and availability in your area on the very useful Switcher.ie site
It might also be a good idea to sign up with One Big Switch – because they negotiate bulk deals with broadband providers every few months. Once you have joined OneBigSwitch they will email you with their latest offers. Of course – always check back here too and make sure you can’t get a better deal elsewhere.
Broadband providers sometimes have fair usage caps on broadband data – More on those here.
If you are not bothered about having a landline – take a look at our page on the Best Prices for Broadband Only Deals