Broadband Price Comparison
Updated May 17th 2018
A 2017 survey of broadband usage in Ireland by COMREG found that the average spend on a landline and broadband bundle was €59 a month ( €708 a year) .
Also it found that over 26% of households were spending more than €71 a month on phone and broadband bundles (€852 a year) .
There are substantial savings to be made by switching to a cheaper broadband provider. Someone paying the average of €708 a year could save as much as €254 in 12 months by switching broadband and landline. (That’s a 35% decrease).
We have compared the prices of broadband packages to help you find the Cheapest Broadband Deals in Ireland.
These are the current six cheapest fixed line broadband and phone bundles with unlimited broadband data and unlimited anytime phone calls to landlines . (All speeds are at least “upto” 100Mbs – actual speed will depend on your phone line in most cases). These deals are usually only available for new customers .
Prices Checked May 17th 2018
1.Pure Telecom have the current lowest priced fibre and phone bundle costing €444 in year one. The monthly charge is €50 , reduced to €24 for the first 6 months. They use the Eircom fibre network – so the availability and connection quality etc. should be the same as Eir . Anytime landline calls included. Speeds of up to 100Mbs depending on line and location. 18 month contract.
2.Vodafone have a broadband bundle priced at €450 for the first year . With broadband speeds of upto 100Mb and unlimited downloads ( 1 Tb fair usage cap) and unlimited calls to Irish landlines . Vodafone’s bundle costs €50 a month (reduced to €25 for first 6 months). It is an 18 month contract. (Add on free calls to mobiles for an extra €60 over year one ) More details can be found on Vodafone bundles at Switcher.ie
3. Eir – currently have a broadband and phone bundle working out at €480 in year one . With unlimited downloads (Fair usage cap of 1000Gb ) and free anytime calls to Irish landlines and mobiles. The usual price is high (€76 a month) but this is reduced to €40 for the first 12 months. You get a further €5 off a month for 6 months if you join online.(Total price in year one = €450)
This Eir bundle also includes free calls to UK landlines as well as Eir Sport. It is a 12 month contract – (so you can switch again without penalty if you want to when the price rises to €76 a month) You can see more details of this bundle and compare it to others from Eir HERE
4. Digiweb – have a fibre broadband bundle with speeds upto 100Mbs and “unlimited” anytime calls to Irish landlines and mobiles as well as UK landlines and mobiles. It costs €49.95 per month which works out as €599.40 in year one. (There is a limit on calls – but it’s pretty big – 6,000 to Irish/UK landline numbers and 1,500 minutes to any Irish/UK mobiles per month. Anything over that will be charged for.) More Here
5. Sky have a broadband and phone bundle (TV subscription not required) – with speeds of upto 100mb and anytime calls to Irish landlines and several international destinations. It costs €62.50 a month with the first 12 months at €46.50 (works out at €608 in year one including equipment charges).
6. Virgin Media (only available in larger cities and towns ) have a broadband and phone bundle with upto 240Mb speeds and anytime calls to Irish landlines and Irish PLus FREE 400 anytime minutes to 22 countries abroad . Priced at €59 a month (reduced to €44 for first 6 months) . This would cost €618 in the first year. (12 month contract). They also have an option with a 30 day contract for €59 a month . Full Details and option to Sign Up Here
Broadband Price Comparison Summary (All listed bundles include anytime calls to landlines)
Cost in 1st Year
|Normal Monthly Charge||Max
You can check current broadband prices and availability in your area on the very useful Switcher.ie site
* Sky package also includes free anytime calls to landlines in these countries Austria, Australia, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK and USA (also includes calls to mobiles in Canada and USA) . This would be a big attraction for people with friends and family living overseas.
++ Digiweb bundle includes 6000 minutes per month of calls to Irish and UK landlines PLus 1500 minutes of calls to UK/Irish mobiles.
Providers sometimes have fair usage caps on broadband data – More on those here.
If you are not bothered about having a landline – take a look at our page on the Best Prices for Broadband Only Deals
Most Popular Broadband Provider
According to a survey by ComReg – in 2017 Eir were still the biggest fixed broadband provider in Ireland – with 45% of total fixed broadband subscriptions, Virgin Media (formerly UPC) had 24% of subscriptions. Vodafone had 13% and Sky Ireland had 15% of the market share. subscriptions. Comreg is the Commission for Communications Regulations.
You can also see some figures here on Complaints about Landline and Broadband providers