Price Comparison of Broadband and phone deals in Ireland.
Updated March 2017
The availability of faster broadband in Ireland has increased in the past couple of years as Fibre broadband gradually spreads across the country.
Fibre can give broadband speeds of up to 100Mbps – compared to the maximum 24Mbps on copper phone lines (DSL) . We have looked at some of the packages out there to try and help you find the Cheapest Broadband Deals in Ireland. (Check if you have access to Fibre Broadband check here -)
These are the six lowest priced deals for unlimited broadband data and unlimited phone calls to landlines . (All speeds are “upto” – actual speed will depend on your phone line in most cases) Prices Checked March 2017
1. Magnet have an unlimited broadband package that costs €39.99 a month with a reduced price of €29.99 for the first 3 months. That works out at €449.88 in the first year. It comes with speeds of upto 24Mb and free anytime calls to Irish landlines . It is not available nationwide – but Magnet seems to be available in most cities and large towns. You can check availability of Magnet broadband in your area on the very useful Switcher.ie site
2. Pure Telecom have a fibre bundle costing €492 in year one. The monthly charge is €45 , reduced to €29 for the first 3 months. They use the Eircom fibre network – so the availability and connection quality etc. should be the same as Eir . Anytime landline calls included. Speeds upto 100Mbs depending on line and location.
3. Vodafone’s best broadband deal : with speeds of upto 100Mb in most urban areas , unlimited downloads and free calls to Irish landlines – costs €50 a month (reduced to €40 for first 6 months) . This works out at a total of €540 in year one. More details can be found on Vodafone bundles at Switcher.ie
4. Virgin Media (only available in larger cities and towns ) have a broadband and phone bundle with upto 240Mb speeds and anytime calls to Irish landlines for €55 a month (reduced to €35 for first 4 months) .
This would cost €580 in the first year. (12 month contract). Full Details and option to Sign Up Here
5 Digiweb – have a fibre broadband bundle with speeds upto 100Mbs and “unlimited” anytime calls to Irish landlines and mobiles as well as UK landlines and mobiles. It costs €49.95 per month which works out as 4599.40 in year one. It is an 18 month contract.
(There is a limit on calls – but it’s pretty big – 6,000 to Irish/UK landline numbers and 1,500 minutes to any Irish/UK mobiles per month. Anything over that will be charged for.) More Here
6 Eir – the best fibre broadband deal from Eir is currently costing €735 in year one. With unlimited downloads and free anytime calls to Irish landlines and mobiles (€70 a month reduced to €35 for the first 3 months). It also includes free calls to UK landline as well as Eir Sport. You can see more details of this bundle and compare it to others from Eir HERE
Cost in 1st Year
|Normal Monthly Charge||Max
* Sky Anytime packages includes free anytime calls to landlines in these countries Austria, Australia, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK and USA (also includes calls to mobiles in Canada and USA) . This would be a big attraction for people with friends and family living overseas.
++ Digiweb bundle includes 6000 minutes per month of calls to Irish and UK landlines PLus 1500 minutes of calls to UK/Irish mobiles.
If you are not bothered about having a landline – take a look at our page on the Best Prices for Broadband Only Deals