Broadband Price Comparison
Prices checked June 1st 2019
There are substantial savings to be made by switching to a cheaper broadband provider. Someone paying the average price of €708 a year could save as much as €288 in 12 months by switching their broadband and landline to the cheapest broadband deal. The 26% of people in Ireland who are paying at least €852 a year could save €432 in 12 months by switching to the bestdeal
A 2018 survey of fixed broadband usage in Ireland by COMREG , found that the average spend on a landline and broadband bundle was €59 a month ( €708 a year).
Comreg also found that over 26% of households were spending more than €71 a month on home phone and broadband bundles. (That is €852 a year) .
We have compared the prices of some broadband packages to help you find the companies with the Cheapest Broadband Deals in Ireland.
These are the current top five cheapest fixed line broadband and phone bundles in Ireland with:
- unlimited broadband data
- unlimited anytime phone calls to landlines .
- Speeds of “upto” 100Mb (actual speed will depend on your phone line in most cases).
Any caps on “unlimited” data are shown below.
These deals are usually only available for new customers and may not be available in all areas of the country.
Prices Checked June 10th 2019
1. Vodafone have a broadband and phone bundle priced at €420 for the first year . This is a saving of €228 in one year compared to the most expensive option on our list With broadband speeds of upto 100Mb and unlimited downloads ( 1 Tb fair usage cap) and unlimited calls to Irish landlines . Vodafone’s bundle costs €45 a month (reduced to €25 for first 6 months). It is a 12 month contract. More details can be found on this Vodafone bundle at Switcher.ie
2. Pure Telecom have a fibre and phone “bill save” bundle also costing €420 in year one. . The normal monthly charge is €50 , but it is reduced to €35 for the first 12 months. (“Bill Save” bundle) . Pure Telecom use the Eircom fibre network – so the availability and connection quality etc. should be the same as Eir . Anytime landline calls are included. Speeds of up to 100Mbs depending on line and location. 12 month contract. Join Pure Here
3. Eir – currently have a phone and broadband bundle working out at €579.75 in year one . . The home broadband bundle comes with unlimited downloads (Fair usage cap of 1000Gb ) and free anytime calls to Irish and UK landlines and mobiles .
The usual price is €69.98 a month, reduced to €44.98 for the first 12 months. This Eir bundle also includes Eir Sport.
(If you sign up online you currently also get a free Eir mobile SIM with a 12 month plan for free (worth €120))
You can see more details of this bundle and compare it to others from Eir HERE
4. Sky have a broadband and phone bundle (TV subscription not required) – with speeds of upto 100mb , unlimited downloads and free anytime calls to Irish landlines and several international destinations. It costs €62.50 a month with the first 24 months at €47.50 (works out at €620 in year one including equipment charges).
5. Virgin Media (only available in larger cities and towns ) have a broadband and phone bundle with upto 250Mb speeds , anytime calls to Irish landlines and Irish mobiles, plus 400 minutes to 22 countries abroad . Priced at €64 a month (reduced to €49 for first 6 months) . This would cost €678 in the first year. (12 month contract). Full Details and option to Sign Up Here
Broadband Price Comparison Summary (All listed bundles include anytime calls to landlines)
|Broadband Provider||Total Cost |
in First Year
|Maximum Speed||Monthly Data
Note:All above bundles include anytime landline calls.
There may be cheaper bundles with off peak calls – but we have li
mited our comparison for now to those with anytime calls.
You can check current broadband prices and availability in your area on the very useful Switcher.ie site
Broadband providers sometimes have fair usage caps on broadband data – More on those here.
If you are not bothered about having a landline – take a look at our page on the Best Prices for Broadband Only Deals