Broadband Price Comparison
Prices checked June 28th 2020
There are some big savings to be made by switching to a cheaper broadband and phone provider.
For example, someone currently paying the average charge of €708 a year could save around €349 during the first year by switching to the cheapest broadband deal.
*A 2018 survey of fixed broadband usage in Ireland by
found that the average HOUSEHOLD spend on a landline and broadband bundle was €59 a month ( €708 a year). COMREG,
In the same survey, Comreg also found that over 26% of households were spending more than €71 a month on
phone and broadband bundles. That amounts to €852 a year.
We compared the prices of several broadband and phone packages to help you find the Cheapest Broadband Deals in Ireland. (Actual speeds available will depend on your location.)
These are the cheapest
broadband deals in Ireland for new customers.
Broadband and Home Phone Price Comparison
|Broadband Provider||Phone Calls Included||Total Cost |
in First Year
|Maximum Speed||Monthly Data |
|Eir (with OneBigSwitch)||Off Peak (Landlines)||€359.87||€59.99 (€29.99 for 12 months with €50 cashback.)||100Mbps||Unlimited|
|Vodafone||Anytime (Landlines)||€360||€40 (20 for 6 months)||100Mbps||1000Gb|
|Pure Telecom||Anytime (Landlines)||€420||€50 (€35 for 12 months)||100Mbps||1000Gb|
|Vodafone||Anytime to Landlines and Mobiles||€420||€50 (€20 for 6months)||100Mbps||1000Gb|
|Sky||Off Peak (Landlines)||€430||€55 (€35 for 12 months)||100Mbps||Unlimited|
|Eir||Anytime (Landline & Mobiles Ireland+ UK + some International)||€479.76||€39.98||100Mbps||Unlimited|
|Sky||Anytime (Landlines and some Intenational)||€520||€62.50 (€42.50 for 12months)||100Mbps||Unlimited|
|Virgin||Anytime to Irish landlines and mobiles.||€654||€62 (reduced to €52 for first 12 months)||250 Mbps||Unlimited|
Prices Checked June 29th 2020
1. Vodafone has a broadband and phone bundle priced at €360 for the first
2. Vodafone is also offering a broadband deal which costs €420 for the first year. With unlimited downloads ( 1 Tb fair usage cap) and unlimited anytime calls to Irish landlines AND Irish mobiles. This Vodafone bundle costs €50 a month (reduced to €20 per month for the first 6 months). More details on this Vodafone bundle at Switcher.ie
4. Pure Telecom has a deal with anytime landline calls, unlimited broadband with speeds of up to 100Mbs. It costs €420 in year one. (Initially priced at €35 a month for the first 12 months then €50 a month).
5. Sky have a broadband and phone bundle (TV subscription not required) – with speeds of up to 100mb. It comes with unlimited downloads and free off peak calls to Irish landlines and several international destinations. It costs €55 a month with the first 12 months at €35 per month. This works out at €430 in year one including equipment charges).
6. Eir – have a phone and broadband bundle working out at €479.76 in year one. The home broadband bundle comes with unlimited downloads and free anytime calls to Irish and UK landlines and Irish and UK mobiles. In addition, it includes free calls to landlines and mobiles in several countries including the USA, Australia and New Zealand.
The price is €69.98 a month , reduced to €39.98 for the first 12 months. This brings the total 1st-year cost to €479.76. On top of this,the bundle also includes Eir Sport and also 1 year of Amazon Prime Video.
You can see more details of this bundle and compare it to others from Eir HERE on Switcher
7. Sky have a broadband and phone bundle (TV subscription not required) – with speeds of up to 100mb. It includes unlimited downloads aa well as free anytime calls to landlines in Ireland and several international destinations. Costing €62.50 a month with the first 12 months at €42.50 per month. This works out at €520 in year one including equipment charges.
8. Virgin Media (only available in larger cities and towns ) have a broadband and phone bundle with
You can check the current broadband prices and availability in your area on the very useful Switcher.ie site
Another way to find good deals is to sign up with One Big Switch . They negotiate bulk deals with broadband providers every few months. After you join them, One Big Switch will email you with their latest offers from time to time.
Of course – we also advise you to check back here to ensure you are getting the cheapest deal that suits you.
Broadband providers sometimes have fair usage caps on broadband data – More on those here.
If you are not bothered about having a landline – take a look at our page on the Best Prices for Broadband Only Deals