List of the best interest rates on Fixed Term deposit accounts available in Ireland. (Net of DIRT)
Updated July 27th 2020
The Interest Figures in bold are after DIRT where applicable.
(DIRT used is 33% )
- 10 Years Fixed
– State Savings National Solidarity Bond (16%) 1.5% AER
- 5 Years Fixed
- 4 years Fixed
- 0.884% (1.32% before DIRT) J&T Banka via Raisin.ie #
- 0.5% Dirt Free State Savings
- 3 Years Fixed
- 0.857% J&T via Raisin.ie (1.28% before DIRT) #
- 0.33% AER – State Savings:
- 2 Years Fixed
- 0.798% AER J&T via Raisin.ie (1.19% before DIRT) #
- 0.26 % AER (0.4% before DIRT) PTSB
# J&T Banka is based in the Czech Republic
Funds are protected in full by the Czech Deposit Guarantee Scheme for amounts up to EUR 100,000 per customer.
DIRT is not deducted at source. Czech Republic withholding tax will apply but will be reduced to zero if a certificate of tax residency is supplied. Gross deposit interest and any withholding tax paid will need to be declared to the Revenue. Min €10,000 Max €100,000 .
Welcome Bonus of up to €50 is available for all new Raisin customers. Find out more and apply for an account here via Raisin
If you are thinking of alternative forms of investment – such as stocks and shares – you should take a look at our article How to Buy Shares in Ireland