Broadband Price Comparison
Updated October 15th 2018
A survey of fixed broadband usage in Ireland by COMREG last year found that the average spend on a landline and broadband bundle was €59 a month ( €708 a year) . There are just over 1.25 million fixed residential broadband subscriptions in Ireland – using an average of 161 GB of data per month each.
COMreg also found that over 26% of households were spending more than €71 a month on phone and broadband bundles (That is €852 a year) .
There are substantial savings to be made by switching to a cheaper broadband provider. Someone paying the average of €708 a year could save as much as €264 in 12 months by switching their broadband and landline to the cheapest provider. The 26% of people who are paying at least €852 a year could save over €408 in 12 months by switching.
We have compared the prices of broadband packages to help you find the Cheapest Broadband Deals in Ireland.
These are the current six cheapest fixed line broadband and phone bundles with unlimited broadband data and unlimited anytime phone calls to landlines . (All speeds are at least “upto” 100Mbs – actual speed will depend on your phone line in most cases). These deals are usually only available for new customers and may not be available in all areas.
Prices Checked October 16th 2018
1. Pure Telecom have a fibre and phone bundle costing €360 in year one. The normal monthly charge is €50 , reduced to €30 for the first 12 months. (Their Bill Save bundle) They use the Eircom fibre network – so the availability and connection quality etc. should be the same as Eir . Anytime landline calls included. Speeds of up to 100Mbs depending on line and location. 12 month contract.
2. Vodafone have a broadband bundle priced at €450 for the first year . With broadband speeds of upto 100Mb and unlimited downloads ( 1 Tb fair usage cap) and unlimited calls to Irish landlines . Vodafone’s bundle costs €50 a month (reduced to €25 for first 6 months). It is an 18 month contract. More details can be found on Vodafone bundles at Switcher.ie
3. Sky have a broadband and phone bundle (TV subscription not required) – with speeds of upto 100mb and anytime calls to Irish landlines and several international destinations. It costs €62.50 a month with the first 12 months at €42.50 (works out at €560 in year one including equipment charges).
4.Virgin Media (only available in larger cities and towns ) have a broadband and phone bundle with upto 240Mb speeds , anytime calls to Irish landlines and Irish mobiles, plus 400 minutes to 22 countries abroad . Priced at €59 a month (reduced to €39 for first 6 months) . This would cost €588 in the first year. (12 month contract). Full Details and option to Sign Up Here
5. Digiweb – have a fibre broadband bundle with speeds upto 100Mbs and “unlimited” anytime calls to Irish landlines and mobiles as well as UK landlines and mobiles. It costs €49.95 per month which works out as €599.40 in year one. (There is a limit on calls – but it’s pretty big – 6,000 to Irish/UK landline numbers and 1,500 minutes to any Irish/UK mobiles per month. Anything over that will be charged for.) More Here
6. Eir – currently have a broadband and phone bundle working out at €629.75 in year one . With unlimited downloads (Fair usage cap of 1000Gb ) and free anytime calls to Irish landlines and mobiles. The usual price is high (€69.98 a month) but this is reduced to €49.98 for the first 12 months. This Eir bundle also includes free calls to UK landlines and mobiles as well as Eir Sport. You can see more details of this bundle and compare it to others from Eir HERE
Broadband Price Comparison Summary (All listed bundles include anytime calls to landlines)
Cost in 1st Year
|Normal Monthly Charge||Max
You can check current broadband prices and availability in your area on the very useful Switcher.ie site