Social Welfare Payment Arrangements for Christmas 2017
(Double Payment Week)
(Note: These dates have been confirmed by Dept of Employment Affairs and Social Protection)
If you are looking for information about the 2017 Christmas Bonus for Pensioners and Welfare recipients see here : 2017 Christmas Bonus
The Department of Social Protection’s offices will be closed on Monday 25th December, Tuesday 26th December 2017 and Monday 1st January 2018
Banks will close on Friday 22nd December 2017 and will not reopen until Thursday 28th December.
Post Offices will close at 1pm on Dec 23rd and will not reopen until Thursday 28th December.
Post Offices and Banks will also be closed on 1st January 2017
There will be no mail delivery or collection on December 25th ,26th or 27th 2017
Payment Arrangements for December 2017
- 1. Payments for People who are paid weekly and collect their payments at Post Offices.
- All people who are paid weekly and collect their payments at Post Offices will receive their normal payment plus an advance/double payment for the following week.
- This double payment will be made in the week beginning Monday 18th December 2017 along with your usual payment for that week on your usual payment day.
- There will be no “regular” weekly payments during the week beginning Monday 25th December 2017 .Any payments due for Monday 1st January 2018 may be collected from Friday 29th December 2017.
- 2. Social Welfare Allowance Supplements Paid Monthly for Collection at Post Office
- Payment due 25th Dec will be available 22nd Dec
- Payments due 26th Dec will be available 22nd Dec
- Payments due 27th Dec will be available 22nd Dec
- No changes to any other payment dates
- Payments of SWA Supplements paid Calendar Monthly for Friday 22nd and Thursday 28th December should be collected from the post office before close of business on Tuesday 2nd January 2018.Payments of SWA Supplements paid Calendar Monthly for Friday 29th December should be collected from the post office before close of business on Tuesday 9th January 2018.
- 3 . Payments for People who get Weekly Payments Direct to Bank Accounts.
- Most people ( see below for exceptions) who get paid weekly direct to bank accounts will receive their normal payment and an advance payment during the week beginning Monday 18th December, 2017. (A double payment )
- The advance (double) payment will be the payment(s) due for the week beginning Monday 25th December 2017.
The following exceptions apply...
- Maternity Benefit , Paternity Benefit and Health & Safety Benefit
- Payments due Monday 25th December 2017 will be paid on the Friday 22nd December 2017.
- Payments due on Monday 1st January 2018 will be paid on Fri 29th Dec 2017
- for Jobseekers Allowance, Jobseekers Benefit, Illness Benefit, Maternity, Health and Safety Benefit and Basic Supplementary Welfare Allowance will be paid on Friday 29th December 2017.
- Normal weekly payment dates will resume from Tuesday 8th Jan 2018.
- Casual Jobseekers : People who work part time and claim Jobseekers Benefit or Jobseekers Allowance :
- Payments due on Tuesday 19 December 2017 will be paid on Mon 18th December .
- Payments due on Tuesday 26 December 2017 and Tuesday 2nd January 2018 will both be credited to accounts on Friday 22nd December 2017
4. People who get Monthly Payments into Banks :
Monthly payments will be issued as normal …. with the exception of Social Welfare Supplements .
Any Supplement payments which are due to be paid on Monday 25th, Tuesday 26th 2017 and Wednesday 27th December – will all be paid instead on Friday 22nd December 2017.
5. Foreign payments into banks that are due during the week beginning 18th December 2017 will be paid instead during the week beginning 11th December 2017.
6. Child Benefit will be paid Tue Jan 2nd – as normal.