Broadband Price Comparison
Updated June 18th 2018
A 2017 survey of broadband usage in Ireland by COMREG found that the average spend on a landline and broadband bundle was €59 a month ( €708 a year) .
Also it found that over 26% of households were spending more than €71 a month on phone and broadband bundles (€852 a year) .
There are substantial savings to be made by switching to a cheaper broadband provider. Someone paying the average of €708 a year could save as much as €288 in 12 months by switching broadband and landline.
We have compared the prices of broadband packages to help you find the Cheapest Broadband Deals in Ireland.
These are the current six cheapest fixed line broadband and phone bundles with unlimited broadband data and unlimited anytime phone calls to landlines . (All speeds are at least “upto” 100Mbs – actual speed will depend on your phone line in most cases). These deals are usually only available for new customers .
Prices Checked June 18th 2018
1. Eir – currently have a broadband and phone bundle working out at €420 in year one . With unlimited downloads (Fair usage cap of 1000Gb ) and free anytime calls to Irish landlines and mobiles. The usual price is high (€76 a month) but this is reduced to €35 for the first 12 months.
This Eir bundle also includes free calls to UK landlines as well as Eir Sport. It is a 12 month contract – (so you can switch again without penalty if you want to when the price rises to €76 a month) You can see more details of this bundle and compare it to others from Eir HERE
2. Pure Telecom have a fibre and phone bundle costing €444 in year one. The monthly charge is €50 , reduced to €24 for the first 6 months. They use the Eircom fibre network – so the availability and connection quality etc. should be the same as Eir . Anytime landline calls included. Speeds of up to 100Mbs depending on line and location. 18 month contract.
3. Vodafone have a broadband bundle priced at €450 for the first year . With broadband speeds of upto 100Mb and unlimited downloads ( 1 Tb fair usage cap) and unlimited calls to Irish landlines . Vodafone’s bundle costs €50 a month (reduced to €25 for first 6 months). It is an 18 month contract. (Add on free calls to mobiles for an extra €60 over year one ) More details can be found on Vodafone bundles at Switcher.ie
4. Virgin Media (only available in larger cities and towns ) have a broadband and phone bundle with upto 240Mb speeds , anytime calls to Irish landlines and Irish mobiles, plus 400 minutes to 22 countries abroad . Priced at €59 a month (reduced to €39 for first 6 months) . This would cost €588 in the first year. (12 month contract). Full Details and option to Sign Up Here
5. Digiweb – have a fibre broadband bundle with speeds upto 100Mbs and “unlimited” anytime calls to Irish landlines and mobiles as well as UK landlines and mobiles. It costs €49.95 per month which works out as €599.40 in year one. (There is a limit on calls – but it’s pretty big – 6,000 to Irish/UK landline numbers and 1,500 minutes to any Irish/UK mobiles per month. Anything over that will be charged for.) More Here
6. Sky have a broadband and phone bundle (TV subscription not required) – with speeds of upto 100mb and anytime calls to Irish landlines and several international destinations. It costs €62.50 a month with the first 12 months at €52.50 (works out at €680 in year one including equipment charges).
Broadband Price Comparison Summary (All listed bundles include anytime calls to landlines)
Cost in 1st Year
|Normal Monthly Charge||Max
You can check current broadband prices and availability in your area on the very useful Switcher.ie site